Sunday, July 24, 2005

Homesick

Ah well. It had to happen sooner or later. I have just got the blues from traveling, dealing with traveling problems, missing all the conveniences of home, etc etc.

Moscow is a lot of fun, and nothing like what I expected, but I am still a long way from home in a place where I don't speak the language. So, problems are bigger, movement is restricted, and nights are lonelier. Moscow is also still a big city, and I will have to move again - out to "the site" in the next couple of weeks. I'm tired of traffic noise all night, and not having my "stuff" set up the way I like it. Not to mention the heat and humidity. Of course, I have seen much much worse, but 80' and humid is enough to make things less enjoyable, and that's a fact. In my opinion. Ha ha.

I went to visit the campus of Moscow State U, and nearby - the site of the Moscow Olympics. Would have been a great venue to watch the ski jumping for sure. Right in the city, and on a hill next to the banks of the Moscow River. Went to a major church that was rebuilt after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Huge, beautiful, real bells. Nice.