Monday, February 15, 2010

Haitian police - a new start?

Hey - it's been a long time since I felt like writing, or had time for it. However, all I think about lately is political. There is so much going on, and it just burns me up - so maybe I'll expend some of that energy to put it down here.

First on this list is this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/29/AR2010012904144.html?sid=ST2010012904231

The Haitian police showing savvy and spunk. I wrote an email to Obama, expressing my hope that our guys on the ground were doing their very best to coordinate and work with these guys. If the situation on the ground there is typical of almost every life situation I've ever seen, they are not. It never ceases to amaze me how simple efforts that could pay off never get used. Let's hope, tho. Of course, the possibility also exists that this news reporter is giving us some very slanted viewpoints. Still, let's hope for the best.